Monday, September 10, 2012

Suicide Awareness Day

Oh Today is Suicide Awareness Day! So everyone wear yellow and write "LOVE" on your wrists!

Wow now there's a special day to make everyone aware of suicide. OH THEY'RE WEARING YELLOW! And is that "LOVE" Written on their wrist. OH I'm never gonna have another suicidal thought again!

K. Not to be synical, but to be completely honest, everyone's aware of suicide. The people who aren't suicidal shouldn't think that by wearing yellow and writing love on their wrists they somehow make the people who are suicidal feel loved. No, the only reason you're writing love on your wrists, and wearing yellow is to take one day and say that you've shown the world that you care about them. To be honest, we don't care what color you wear, or if you tattoo love everywhere. You haven't walked in our shoes, you don't know where we've been and you don't want to. And we don't want you to. So enough with the charade. We don't want a special day.

Just to be clear I know that I don't speak for every person who is suicidal, And I'm sorry if this offends any of them. I just think that Suicide Awareness Day is a pathetic excuse for pretend caring.

And if this offends anyone who isn't suicidal... stuff it. You just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment